'Greening' your school
Working towards whole-school sustainability
Resource Futures can support your school in addressing challenges such as energy and carbon reduction, resource efficiency and environmental awareness. We have wide-ranging expertise and experience in the teaching and learning aspects whole-school sustainability, making clear the connections to national education requirements.
We can offer:
- training for teachers, governors and other school staff
- class sessions with pupils
- support for pupil Green Teams
- energy and waste audits
- opportunities for teachers to join a local network and share experiences
- information on funding and specialist advice
- teaching and learning resources
- links with local community initiatives
Our approach is to enable pupils to be the driving force behind making their schools more sustainable. The perfect starting point is for the School Council, or a specially formed 'Green Team', to carry out an audit to assess the environmental performance of their school. Through consultation with the rest of the school and the wider community they decide which environmental issues they want to address and how they are going to do it. Measuring and monitoring is an integral part of providing your school with all the evidence it needs to shout about its environmental success!
For more information, or to discuss your school's requirements and our costs, contact the Education Team on 0117 914 3456 or email us.