Founded in 2006, we are employee-owned and non-profit-distributing with a 30-year heritage in the waste and resources industry.
Our vision and mission
Our vision is a world where everyone uses resources sustainably. We’re working to achieve this through our mission: Enabling our clients to manage material resources sustainably for positive social, environmental and economic benefits.
Our core values make us different.
- Integrity: The way we work and the work we do are underpinned by our ethics.
- Independence: Being employee-owned we are independent from influence by external shareholders.
- Commitment: We are forward-looking and seek continuous improvement in our services and partnerships.
- We are a purpose-driven company. We’re proud to be a certified B Corp, part of the movement for an ethical approach to business to make a positive difference in the world and to the communities we live and work in.
- We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Resource Futures is certified to ISO 14001 and we have an on-going commitment to minimise our environmental impacts. See our Environmental Policy Statement and Environmental Management System (EMS) certificate. This is part of our Integrated Management System (IMS), ensuring that we achieve the highest quality with a system that is designed to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 . See our Quality Policy Statement and Quality Management System (QMS) certificate.
- We are proud to be a Carbon Zero (carbon neutral) company. Through our carbon offsetting with co2balance we support the African Energy Efficiency project, providing energy efficient stoves and light bulbs to local communities.
- Our environmental management system challenges us to reuse and recycle in the office. We also donate surplus IT and office supplies to local charities like Children’s ScrapStore and ensure any waste electrical equipment (WEEE) is recycled and refurbished by local enterprise, Byte Back.
- Staff members are encouraged to cycle, car share and walk to work. Where needed, we use public transport to minimise the impact that necessary travel can have on the environment.
- We provide our employees with rewarding work, personal development, a safe working environment and a stake in our success. We are employee owned, and we pay a living wage to all our employees.
- We have supported projects like The Rubbish Revolution in Gambia by helping North End Barra village to introduce a basic recycling and waste management system. We have donated consultancy time to WasteAid UK, and our staff have raised funds for WasteAid UK through their sponsored walks.
We believe that lasting impact comes from working together. We build long-term collaborations with partners who share our mission. Here are some of the organisations we work with:
Many of our consultants and senior consultants are individual members of the waste and resource industries professional body:
If you’re interested in collaborating with Resource Futures we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us.