About Resource Futures
Resource Futures is committed to a vision of everybody using resources sustainably. We are a purpose-driven company which contributes to the communities we work and live in. Our core values of integrity, independence and commitment are what make us different.
Founded in 2006, we are employee-owned and non-profit-distributing with a 30-year heritage in the waste and resources industry. Our brand is built around being forward-thinking and looking for continuous improvement in the services we provide. We are part of the B Corp movement and take an ethical approach to business to make a positive difference in the world.
Purpose of the role
Resource Futures’ Core Services team works across the business covering Head Office functions including Finance, Human Resources, Integrated Management Systems (Quality Management System, Environmental Management System), Facilities and IT.
We are looking for a conscientious Finance Assistant to join our busy and friendly team in Bristol. The role will assist the Finance & Facilities Manager mainly in Finance transactions and also sometimes with Facilities tasks.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is either currently training for finance qualifications (e.g. AAT or Book-keeping) or planning to start training. The position offers an opportunity for self-development, training and growth and would suit someone looking for a career in finance in an ethical SME business. A positive “can do” attitude, excellent attention to detail, any previous Finance Assistant level experience and self-motivation to learn would be a great advantage.
- Processing the casual staff payroll on a weekly basis including setting up new starters.
- Running the payroll reports and payments through internet banking.
- Online banking authorisations as required.
- Processing staff expense forms.
- Assisting with sales and purchase ledger functions.
- Managing the casual staff auto enrolment pension contributions.
- Other online banking as required by the Finance & Facilities Manager.
- Emailing payslips to employees.
- Learning all of Resource Futures’ financial systems over time in order to support the Finance & Facilities Manager in providing the whole finance function for the company.
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by the Finance & Facilities Manager.
How to apply
Resource Futures is striving to be an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply, please download forms here:
If you have any difficulty downloading the forms please contact Yeshim Longhorn on 07827932268 or email Yeshim.Longhorn@resourcefutures.co.uk
Application deadline: 23 April 2019, 9.00 am
Interviews: 01 May 2019, to be held at The Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol BS1 6XN.
We will inform successful candidates that they have been called for interview by Friday 26 April. For any Job Description related queries about this vacancy please contact Helen Webster on 07769692617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract: Part Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,500-£25,000 FTE, p.a., 22.5 hrs week pro rata dependent on experience