Resource Futures is committed to a vision of everybody using resources sustainably. We are a purpose-driven company which contributes to the communities we work and live in. Our core values of integrity, independence and commitment are what make us different.
Founded in 2006, we are employee-owned and non-profit-distributing with a 30-year heritage in the waste and resources industry. Our brand is built around being forward-thinking and looking for continuous improvement in the services we provide. We are part of the B Corp movement and take an ethical approach to business to make a positive difference in the world.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for someone to develop their experience in a busy, forward-thinking environmental consultancy within our friendly and ambitious team in Scotland. You will be working on a variety of projects to support our work with private, public and third sectors organisations, including Zero Waste Scotland. The job will have a particular focus on circular economy and waste prevention work. The role would suit someone who is keen to learn and can demonstrate their problem-solving ability, creative thinking and analytical skills.
Nature and scope
The projects you will work on are likely to fall within the circular economy workstream, although you will also get involved with the full range of Resource Futures’ services including, but not exclusively, communications, community engagement, education, evidence and waste services optimisation work, where appropriate. You can find out more about our work on our website or on social media.
Client delivery Work
In terms of delivery work with clients, some examples of typical projects you will contribute to include: conducting and managing market surveys and writing reports on the results; literature reviews; organising events, training sessions, focus groups and workshops; materials market research; and gathering market information to support business propositions.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Working on data analysis and modelling projects.
- Conducting market research (through online survey programmes, desk-research, telephone interviews and face-to-face conversations).
- Contributing to the development of methodologies and approaches that ensures a high degree of creative thinking and academic rigour is applied to projects.
- Helping to write reports and proposals.
- Contributing to the analysis and reporting of project data.
- Managing the delivery of small-scale projects up to £10,000 drawing on support from other staff as required.
- Undertaking site/remote data gathering work as appropriate.
- Keeping informed of relevant developments within the field of waste and resources management which will include but not be limited to national, regional and local waste strategies, emerging legislation, waste, recycling and resource economics, and good practice in the management of specific waste streams (commercial and municipal).
All members of our team are involved in our business development activities in some shape or form. Your specific tasks will include:
- Supporting the monitoring and tracking of opportunities (and live projects) through our Project Management Portal.
- Contributing to the preparation of bids, tenders, quotes and proposals.
- Assisting in identifying new work opportunities, such as potential new projects (with new or existing clients) or funding opportunities and bringing these to the attention of your line manager.
How to apply
Resource Futures is striving to be an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. To apply, please download forms here:
If you have any difficulty downloading the forms, please contact Yeshim Longhorn on 07827 932268 or email Yeshim.Longhorn@resourcefutures.co.uk
Application deadline: Tuesday 23 April, 9.00 am
Interviews: Friday 10 May 2019, to be held at Clockwise, 2nd Floor, 77 Renfrew Street, Glasgow, G2 3BZ
If you haven’t heard from us by the date of the interviews, you have not been successful.
For any Job Description related queries about this vacancy please contact Allan Sandilands on 07717 531179 or email Allan.Sandilands@resourcefutures.co.uk
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow with travel around the UK
Salary: £20,500-£25,000 p.a., dependent on experience